More Information Coming Soon.
About the Job
- Develop and implement processes, infrastructure, vision casting and creative/technical planning determined by the KFAME executive staff for all ministries.
- Facilitate pre-production planning meetings with production leads, producers, graphic artists, and editors, to develop creative production approaches to assigned studio and field recordings.
- Within the studio/sanctuary, implement production plans for assigned productions, including building sets, hanging, and rigging set lighting, and preparing additional equipment as needed.
- Direct studio and control room crew to meet creative and technical needs of production.
- On field productions, perform as field director, director of photography, and/or camera operator as assigned, direct field crew to meet creative and technical needs of production.
- Ensure video production for worship services (i.e., capturing, live streaming, editing, uploading to website) meets technical quality requirements and established deadlines.
- Coach on-screen talent in best-practices for delivering engaging and technical accurate performances.
- Operate, maintain, evaluate, and recommend for upgrade/purchase/disposal a variety of studio and field production equipment, to include cameras, lights, lighting boards, audio recorders, audio & video switchers, and ingest systems.
- Recruit, train, encourage and support lay people in the various volunteer ministries of Music and Worship Arts in our congregation.
- Maintain a reliable system for providing technical support for all worship services and events. This includes (but is not limited to): Audio mixing, monitor mixing, and audio recording (knowledge of Yamaha M7 series a plus)
- Lighting production (knowledge of Martin M1 console a plus)
- Switching with multiple cameras (IMAG)
- Video recording, and live streaming production o ProPresenter/ PowerPoint presentation
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Film, TV/Video Production, Communications, or in an applicable field.
- Highly tech-savvy, able to learn and master new technology quickly and thoroughly.
- Expert knowledge of audio/video/lighting signal flows and strong ability to troubleshoot in all these environments. Lead studio and field teams during fast-paced productions.
- Possess leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire and motivate various teams of organizational leaders, senior management, contracted technical professionals, and servant/volunteers.
- Ability to embrace and pursue artistic and spiritual excellence in worship services.
- Extensive experience in all facets of field and studio production, to include building sets, lighting, rigging, teleprompter operation, camera operation, floor managing, etc.
- 5 or more years directing experience in live and live-to-tape broadcast & studio environment.
- Familiarity with internet-based production processes and services for live and/or recorded productions.
- Strong Production Management skills with budgets & cost projections.
- Demonstrated experience with professional HD video production equipment, including switchers, cameras, lights and lighting boards, audio mixers, ingesting systems, recorders, and editing/post-production.
- Ability to take direction, be creative, and think ahead in a studio production environment.
About the JobOverview: Kingdom Fellowship AME Church (KFAME) is seeking an experienced and capable video editor to join our dynamic audio/visual production team. The Editor will be responsible for assembling recorded film and video footage, applying artistic editing techniques, and creating finished, broadcast-worthy projects that accurately reflect the vision of the production director. To ensure success as an editor, you should have expert knowledge of modern video and graphic editing techniques, be able to visualize directorial concepts, and work according to a strict time schedule. Ultimately, the video editor will be able to perfectly translate the director’s idea into a beautifully crafted film or video piece, worthy of broadcasting. REEL(S) OF PREVIOUSLY PRODUCED CONTENT IS REQUIRED:
- PLEASE ADD CONTENT FILES and/or LINKS IN THE COVER LETTER SECTION FOR SUBMISSION.
- PLEASE INDICATE YOUR SPECIFIC ROLE IN THE PRODUCTION.
- Meet with the director to determine the production vision.
- Review raw material to determine the shot list.
- Manipulate film and video footage using modern editing techniques.
- Maintain continuity while moving shots according to scene value.
- Trim footage and put together the rough project to meet the vision.
- Insert dialog, sound effects, music, graphics, and special effects.
- Ensure the project follows a logical sequence.
- Consult with the director and production team throughout the project.
- Create the final cut for broadcasting.
- Bachelor’s degree in film studies, cinematography, or related field.
- Previous work experience as a video editor.
- Hands-on experience with editing software, including Adobe After Effects, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, and Premier.
- Creative and artistic skills.
- Familiarity with 3D composition and special effects.
- Portfolio of completed film productions.
- Ability to work to a tight schedule.
- Ability to translate ideas into complete projects.
About Kingdom Fellowship AME Church
At Kingdom Fellowship AME Church (KFAME) our motto is, “We are making kingdom disciples to make a kingdom difference.” For us these are more than words; under the leadership of our senior pastor, Rev. Matthew L. Watley, all of our efforts and resources are aimed at making a difference in the lives of the people and communities we serve. Through our church operations, as well as the programming and partnerships of our affiliated Kingdom Global Community Development Corporation (KGCDC), our staff, members, and volunteers work to meet many of the health and wellness needs of Marylanders and those located throughout the globe. Together KFAME and the KGCDC own and operate three commercial buildings (300,000 + square feet) that service and support both residents and businesses across Prince George’s, Montgomery, and Howard counties. In execution of Pastor Watley’s vision, we are looking to continue to expand our impact and reach, while remaining kingdom focused.