About the Job
Kingdom Fellowship AME Church (KFAME) is seeking an experienced Director of Media Production to manage A/V staff and contractors and oversees production activities for all KFAME worship experiences. The ideal candidate will be able to successfully direct the creation of short- to long-format live, live-to-tape, and taped productions; these include studio productions, live web-based productions, and field productions that are completed on time and meet or exceed key performance indicators (KPIs) efficiently and effectively.
- Develop and implement processes, infrastructure, vision casting and creative/technical planning determined by the KFAME executive staff for all ministries.
- Facilitate pre-production planning meetings with production leads, producers, graphic artists, and editors, to develop creative production approaches to assigned studio and field recordings.
- Within the studio/sanctuary, implement production plans for assigned productions, including building sets, hanging, and rigging set lighting, and preparing additional equipment as needed.
- Direct studio and control room crew to meet creative and technical needs of production.
- On field productions, perform as field director, director of photography, and/or camera operator as assigned, direct field crew to meet creative and technical needs of production.
- Ensure video production for worship services (i.e., capturing, live streaming, editing, uploading to website) meets technical quality requirements and established deadlines.
- Coach on-screen talent in best-practices for delivering engaging and technical accurate performances.
- Operate, maintain, evaluate, and recommend for upgrade/purchase/disposal a variety of studio and field production equipment, to include cameras, lights, lighting boards, audio recorders, audio & video switchers, and ingest systems.
- Recruit, train, encourage and support lay people in the various volunteer ministries of Music and Worship Arts in our congregation.
- Maintain a reliable system for providing technical support for all worship services and events. This includes (but is not limited to): Audio mixing, monitor mixing, and audio recording (knowledge of Yamaha M7 series a plus)
- Lighting production (knowledge of Martin M1 console a plus)
- Switching with multiple cameras (IMAG)
- Video recording, and live streaming production o ProPresenter/ PowerPoint presentation
- A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Film, TV/Video Production, Communications, or in an applicable field.
- Highly tech-savvy, able to learn and master new technology quickly and thoroughly.
- Expert knowledge of audio/video/lighting signal flows and strong ability to troubleshoot in all these environments. Lead studio and field teams during fast-paced productions.
- Possess leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire and motivate various teams of organizational leaders, senior management, contracted technical professionals, and servant/volunteers.
- Ability to embrace and pursue artistic and spiritual excellence in worship services.
- Extensive experience in all facets of field and studio production, to include building sets, lighting, rigging, teleprompter operation, camera operation, floor managing, etc.
- 5 or more years directing experience in live and live-to-tape broadcast & studio environment.
- Familiarity with internet-based production processes and services for live and/or recorded productions.
- Strong Production Management skills with budgets & cost projections.
- Demonstrated experience with professional HD video production equipment, including switchers, cameras, lights and lighting boards, audio mixers, ingesting systems, recorders, and editing/post-production.
- Ability to take direction, be creative, and think ahead in a studio production environment.